Wednesday, October 17, 2012

(Almost) Weekly Wednesday: I Have a Confession...

I... I wasn't ready to do this. Not yet. I kept thinking It's too soon. Hold on a little while, let them ease into your oddness. But I can't. I feel that we've bonded in these past two months, friends, and I can't keep such a secret from you. So, without further ado, I will make my confession.

*Ahem*

I coupon.

I know, I know! It's a little lame. Actually, no. You know what? What's wrong with couponing? I mean, if lame is saving heaps of money and feeling a thrill like none other when you hand over your coupons, so be it. It's really an adrenaline rush, or a runner's high, except without the physical activity.

Oh gosh. It took over again. It's an addiction, something I can't shake. At least it's better than gambling.

But the things that get me the most are the freebies. Oh Lordy, the freebies! At the moment, I have over a dozen freebies coming in the mail for me. That basically means that over a dozen companies are sending me free versions of their product because I just wrote my name and said I wanted it! That's it! And it is one hundred percent free! If you're lucky, they'll send coupons with the freebie too.

When I went to the movies the other day, I printed coupons for a sub shop that my pals and I could use to get 50% off. Do you know how happy I was to give the gift of free money to my friends? Insanely happy because a) their faces just lit up, b) I gave them their present and c) I'm really cheap, so it was a great, free gift!

There. It's off my chest now. I no longer have to worry about hiding the other, manic, dark side of me from you. There are worse afflictions to have, I suppose.

On a completely unrelated note... Does anybody want some adult diapers?

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment